Save the date for Friday, Feb. 5, 2021, when the Advisory Board of the O'Neal Comprehensive Cancer Center at UAB will host its 36th annual ArtBLINK Gala! For the first time in the event's history, the gala will be entirely virtual this year.
Here's what's in store for our first-ever virtual ArtBLINK Gala:
- Virtual artist studio experiences will be featured throughout the week leading up to the event.
- The Friday evening program will feature special messages from O'Neal Comprehensive Cancer Center Director Dr. Barry Sleckman and honoree Mr. George Wheelock III, as well as our featured survivor, physicians, researchers, board members and artists.
- Bidding on auction items will remain open all weekend.
- Participants will have the opportunity to win a one-on-one experience with a local artist.
- Attendees will have the option to choose a special ArtBLINK dinner from Iz Catering to enjoy at home.
Dinner pickup: 4-6 p.m.
Pre-show: 6:30 p.m.
Virtual event: 6:45-7:45 p.m.
Join us on YouTube for the O'Neal Comprehensive Cancer Center's first-ever virtual ArtBLINK Gala! Don't miss out: Subscribe to our YouTube channel at youtube.com/ONealCancerCenter. Once you're subscribed, click the bell on our channel page to receive a notification when the event premiere begins on Friday, Feb. 5, 2021, at 6:30 p.m. CST. More information on the event will be posted here, so come back soon for additional details on how to watch.
Dinner pickup will be held at:
Independence Plaza Parking Deck
1 Independence Drive
Homewood, AL 35209
ArtBLINK 2021 Director's Circle Honoree: George Wheelock III
George Wheelock III is a founding member and former president of the Advisory Board and has been an active member of the board ever since, totaling nearly 40 years of service to the O'Neal Cancer Center.
Gala Invitation Artist: Ahmad Austin
Internationally recognized artist Ahmad Austin believes that good art is like good music: it makes you feel something. Marked by bold colors, movement, and loose strokes, his paintings are sure to do just that. View the piece featured on this year's ArtBLINK Gala invitations.